Monday, September 24, 2007

My last 10 years of personal technology...

I feel kind of ashamed when I write down my personal tech or electronic devices. I was depending on lots of electronic devices so I can save time and energy when I’m busy.
Actually, I haven’t realized this kind of feeling before reading High Tech Trash. I usually purchased state-of-the-art products when I need to do something and I used to spend lots of money to buy them. I have never been concerned about food or the environment too much but after reading the article on High Tech Trash and how it is bad for the environment and can cause cancer. I’m going to try to eat organic food more often and be more conscious about recycling and what we can do to improve the environment. I feel that as humans we should have some balance with nature on earth. As the technology things are developing, we are living more convenient than before, but at the same time, we are hurting the nature to get more resources for our convenience from the earth. At this point my questions is “what should we do?” Or “what should I do?”
I am not too concerned about us at this moment, but I am concerned about our next generation or future generation. I believe that they will not be struggling with money problem but they will be faced with very bad environmental problem like catastrophies that we can not fix so easily.

In Korea…………………………………………………………………………………

1995 ~ 2003 :
Beeper 2
Cellphone 3~4 ( I lost two)
My own computer 3 / Printer 2 / Scanner 1
Electronic Dictionary 1
Digital Camera 1
Main Home Appliance: Microwave, Refrigerator, Gas oven, Air Conditioner & Heating System etc…
Car 2
iMac 1

In United States…………………………………………………………………………

2005 ~ 2007:
Laptop computer 2 (pc/ macbook)
Desktop Computer 1
Cellphone 3 (I lost two)
Car 1
Desktop Computer 1
Printer 1
Scanner 1
Digital Camera 1
Main Home Appliances: Microwave, Refrigerator, Gas oven, Dishwaher, Coffee Machine, Electronic Thermo pot,
Rice Cooker, Juice Mixer, Pan,
Home Electronics: Television, DVD, VCR, iPod (Music), Air purifier, Pan 2, stand lighting
Cooling and Heating system

No comments: